Tile and Grout Cleaning Tips
By Elizabeth K
More people than ever are investing in beautiful tile floors as they discover the durability, beauty and health benefits associated with one of the oldest flooring types in existence. Learn how to properly select and maintain your Greenville tile and grout with these quick tips.
1. Density. Tile flooring comes in a wide variety of density to meet your every need including:
2. Ceramic: Ceramic tile is created by mixing clay and water then firing. Because the basic ingredients are “soft” the resulting ceramic tile also remains “softer” or less dense. Ceramic tile is a great option for almost any area and highly versatile although it is prone to cracking under pressure and could scratch easier than other more dense options. Ceramic tile also has a tendency to remain more prone to stains due to the increased absorbency requiring the use of professional tile and grout services on a more frequent basis.
3. Porcelain Tile: Porcelain is created from combining very fine clay with other minerals to create a very dense and water resistant product that withstands heavy traffic while resisting scratches and stains. You will still need to perform regular tile and grout cleaning but on a more sporadic basis than associated with cleaning ceramic tile and grout. Select porcelain tile for outdoor or high traffic areas.
4. Mortar. When laying tile and grout the underlying “mud” that secures the tile in place is just as important as the type of tile. Even though it isn’t visible once the tile is in place, the underlying mortar must remain free of air bubbles, allow “breathing” due to tiny settlement and shifting in the flooring and hold up over time. Newer forms of mortar are mixed with compounds that allow flexibility and expansion without deteriorating over long periods of time. Always make sure you use a reputable installer to avoid problems in the future.
5. Grout. The type of grout used can dramatically impact the quality of the flooring. Dirty grout is the most common cause for most tile and grout cleaning calls since it tends to be the most absorbent part of the flooring. Use a high quality grout and sealant to prevent stains and dirt from accumulating in between professional tile and grout services.
6. Sealant. Both tile and grout may require sealant to help preserve the luster and beauty of the flooring however, keep in mind that sealant wears away over time. Depending upon the traffic patterns, type of tile and sealant used it may be necessary to have the tiles professionally cleaned and re-sealed every two to three years.
It is simple when using a reputable company like Superior Carpet Cleaning. With just one quick call you can have Irving tile and grout cleaning services professionally completed.
Superior Carpet Cleaning provides Greenville tile and grout cleaning services.
Call now to get your tile and grout cleaned! (864) 905-8566
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Elizabeth_K/243488